The University of Pittsburgh offers residents an unmatched opportunity in clinical experience. Seven hospitals serve as core training sites, with more than 300,000 cases annually. Each major area of surgery is fully represented, and all subspecialty rotations are completed within the department. The faculty provides expertise on the anesthetic problems and procedures specific to each patient population, so that graduating residents are comfortable managing complex intensive medical care for some of the most challenging and acutely ill patients found in any medical center.
Below are the key strengths of our residency program which we invite you to explore using the website:
- Department spans multiple clinical sites for a complete educational experience
- Internationally renowned and dedicated faculty
- Didactic series with guaranteed attendance
- Ranked annually as one of the top NIH funded anesthesiology departments
- International rotations
- Residents are small portion of workforce allowing for educational focus
- World class ASA certified simulation center
- Live in Pittsburgh…voted “Most Livable City in America”
Please visit our UPMC Anesthesiology Residency Facebook page.