The UPP Department of Anesthesiology, the University of Pittsburgh, the University of Pittsburgh Center for Continuing Education in the Health Scienes and CMEinfo are pleased to announce the 2009 Anesthesiology Board Review Course, to be held in Pittsburgh from April 22-26, 2009. Our strong teaching faculty are highlighted in this course which is meant to provide anesthesiologists with current, relevant information to prepare for the American Board of Anesthesiology Certification/Recertification examinations. Thirty-five members of the department faculty participated in the original 2003 course, which was updated most recently in 2007. The first live course was held in May 2008 and in addition to material already included in the original courses, the 2008 course featured opportunities to participate in the Peter M Winter Institute for Simulation, Education and Research (WISER). Added to the 2009 course is the opportunity to participate in oral examination practice sessions. Rita M Patel MD, is the program chair.
VIEW THE COMPLETE CONFERENCE AGENDA HERE
Enhance your board preparation with simulation and attend
the 2008 Anesthesiology Board Review Course April 22-26, 2009,
at the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, in Pittsburgh, PA.
This exceptional program will provide anesthesiologists with current and relevant information to prepare for the American Board of Anesthesiology Certification and Recertification examinations AND the opportunity to participate in simulations at the WISER Center!
Course Chair: Rita M. Patel, MD
Other participating faculty can be viewed here.
10% discount for two to four attendees; 15% for five or more attendees.
Discount is applicable only to tuition fees
$795 Physicians/$595 Residents
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TODAY!
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel for attendees at a special reduced rate.
This rate is available on a first-come, first-served basis through March 22, 2009.
After March 22, rooms may be available at the hotel’s regular rates. BOOK EARLY!
To make reservations by phone, please call 1-412-562-1200.
- Be able to discuss relevant scientific and clinical information necessary to prepare for the American Board of Anesthesiology Certification and Recertification examinations including principles of physiology, pharmacology, and physics necessary for state-of-the-art practice
- Build core competencies in anesthesiology as outlined in the American Board of Medical Specialties Maintenance of Certification process
- Become familiar with strategies for studying for the ABA examinations and review high-yield topics in question form
- Improve their management of intraoperative events often examined by the ABA via participation in optional simulation scenarios
- Be more prepared for oral examination via participation in optional practice oral board sessions
You may also call 1-800-284-8433.
Hours are Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:0 p.m. and Friday until 6:30 pm Central Time.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this educational activity for a maximum of 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.